About Twila Belk
* Since June of 2007, Twila Belk has worked full time with veteran author Cecil Murphey (author or coauthor of more than 140 books, including the best sellers 90 Minutes in Heaven and Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story). Well connected through her work with Murphey, she interacts daily with the media, writers, editors, agents, publishers, conference directors, and other industry professionals.
* She has written two books as the sole author: Raindrops from Heaven: Gentle Reminders of God's Power, Presence, and Purpose (a one-year daily devotional with BroadStreet Publishing, 2015) and Gotta Get 'em Fixed! (WinePress Publishing, 2002). And she coauthored four books with Cecil Murphey: I Believe in Heaven: Real Stories from the Bible, History and Today (Regal Books, 2013); I Believe in Healing: Real Stories from the Bible, History and Today (Regal Books, 2013); Heavenly Company: Entertaining Angels Unaware (Guideposts, 2012); and Because You Care: Spiritual Encouragement for Caregivers (Harvest House, 2012).
* She is currently at work on a 40-day devotional journal for BroadStreet Publishing that will release toward the end of 2017. The title is The Power to Be: Be Still, Be Grateful, Be Strong, Be Courageous.
* Twila is a regular contributor to Positive Note Magazine, a bi-monthly publication through Positive Note Network.
* She contributed five devotions for Hope for the Mourning Devotional Bible (Zondervan, 2013). She also contributed one story for Murphey's The Spirit of Christmas (St. Martin's Press, 2011) and two stories for his Christmas Miracles (St. Martin's Press, 2009). She published a series of devotions in Disciplines 2009 and has written articles for a variety of publications, including More to Life Magazine, DevoZine, The War Cry, Quad City Times, A View from the Pew, Vista, and numerous newsletters. In addition to books and in-print articles, she has written many news releases and a good amount of promotional material, as well as numerous online articles for various ministries and organizations.
* Also known as the Gotta Tell Somebody Gal, Twila is a graduate of CLASSeminars and has spoken for hundreds of events, including retreats, banquets, outreach events, church services, women's conferences, Christian Women's Clubs, MOPS, Women's Aglow, schools, and other venues. She attended Ken Davis's/Michael Hyatt's Dynamic Communicators Workshop (SCORRE) in April 2012 and has attended three SheSpeaks conferences with Proverbs 31 Ministries.
* She directed the Quad-Cities Christian Writers' Conference for eight years and directed the Presbyterian Writers' Conference for the Presbyterian Writers' Guild two years. In addition to being a conferee at many conferences, she's taught at numerous writers' conferences nationwide, including the QCCWC, Presbyterian Writers' Conference, Greater Philadelphia CWC, Colorado CWC, CLASS CWC, Florida CWC, Kentucky CWC, David R. Collins Writers' Conference, Speak Up Conference, Breathe CWC, East Metro Atlanta CWC, Write-to-Publish, Cedar Falls CWC, East Texas CWC, Writer to Writer, Called to Write CWC, Word Sowers CWC, and the Midwest Writing Center. She has also been a keynote speaker for several writers' conferences.
* She is a panelist for The Writer's View, an online loop for professional and aspiring writers.
* She hosted the CEC AND ME online radio show at Toginet.com for fourteen months, ending in November 2011.
* Twila wrote and voiced one-minute Gotta Tell Somebody radio spots that aired on the local American Family Radio station for about three years, until the station changed formats.
* She owned and operated a Christian bookstore in Davenport, Iowa, for nine years and worked closely with the three local Christian radio stations, planning numerous events. During that time she wrote and voiced many radio ads and jingles.
* She served on the Board of Overseers for the Iowa Baptist Conference (affiliated with the BGC, now Converge Worldwide) for six years and has served in numerous capacities in her church, Bible Study Fellowship, and other ministries.
* Twila's previous employment includes medical transcribing for a group of neurosurgeons and working as an industrial specialist/spec writer at the Rock Island Arsenal after graduating from the journeyman machinist apprenticeship program and working as a machinist. She and her husband also owned a vending company for many years.
* Her memberships include Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA), Christian Authors Network (CAN), Christian Booksellers Association (CBA), The Writers View (TWV), and Christian Humor Writers.
* Twila's website is www.gottatellsomebody.com.